Leonardo Logistics plays an active role in the integrated logistics activities to manage spare parts of the weapon systems used by the armed forces.
In collaboration with the Leonardo divisions, and adopting an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) process, the daily goal of Leonardo Logistics is to make available spare parts to guarantee full operation of the equipment issued to the armed forces.
In synergy with the Leonardo division, a sound logistic system able to contribute to the utmost efficiency of the weapon system is created.
Specifically, it manages spare parts of different weapon systems following these operational steps:
- receipt of the component,
- physical and documentary control,
- testing activity (documentary),
- computer system updating activity,
- Storage and subsequent delivery upon request to restore a fault discovered on the weapon system.
- The logistics activities to manage these systems have a common denominator, that of always guaranteeing the efficiency of the equipment and making it efficient should it be immediately required.
- It ensures operational availability 24/7
- One very important aspect are the human factors that Leonardo Logistics takes into account to the maximum degree, since they can directly influence both the integrated logistic support capacity and the supported weapon system.
- An element of pride for Leonardo Logistics is the privilege it has to be able to actively, and on a confidential basis, contribute to all the activities to support the weapon systems deployed in the theatre of operations with the complete management of the FAK (Fly Away Kit) that the armed forces use for the maintenance of an operational mission, while guaranteeing its scrupulous loyalty to the values of the constitution and security reasons of the state